Arm Lift Boston (Brachioplasty)
An arm lift, also known as brachioplasty, is a surgical procedure to remove loose skin and excess fat deposits in the upper arm.
With age, upper arm skin can become loose and flabby. Brachioplasty is for patients who want to tighten this skin and look as good as they feel. In some cases, liposuction may be used alone or in conjunction with an arm lift to remove excess fat in the upper arms.
WHO IS A CANDIDATE FOR AN ARM LIFT?
Optimal candidates for brachioplasty are individuals who desire to remove excessive sagging skin on the upper arm. An arm lift is a good surgical procedure for people who have lost a significant amount of weight either from lifestyle changes or surgery and have a significant amount of loose and hanging upper arm skin.
WHAT IS THE SURGICAL PROCESS FOR A BRACHIOPLASTY?
The exact procedure will be determined at your initial consultation at which time you will be able to ask all of your questions. Choice of anesthesia will also be determined based on what is best for you but can be anywhere from a local anesthesia to intravenous sedation or general anesthesia.
Sagging skin in the upper arms is treated with an incision from the underarm area extending along the inside of the upper arm. Additional incisions may be necessary anywhere excess skin has formed sagging pockets.
Following your surgery, dressings or bandages may be applied to your incisions, and your arms may be wrapped in an elastic bandage or a compression garment to minimize swelling.
WHAT IS THE RECOVERY PROCESS AFTER ARM LIFT SURGERY?
The smoother, tighter contours that result from upper arm contouring are apparent almost immediately, although initially obscured by swelling and bruising. In addition, skin quality is dramatically improved in both appearance and texture. The results of arm lift surgery will be long-lasting, provided that you maintain a stable weight and general fitness.*
Click here for more information about Upper Arm Lifts
Why You Should Select Accurate Aesthetics for your Arm Lift Surgical Procedure
Dr. Katherine Hein is among the top cosmetic surgeons in the Boston, Wellesley, and Sudbury area. As a board-certified plastic surgeon and Medical Director of Accurate Aesthetics Plastic Surgery, Dr. Hein has helped thousands of satisfied patients achieve their cosmetic surgical face and body enhancements goals.
When you select Accurate Aesthetics Plastic Surgery for your upper arm lift procedure you can be reassured of a close personal relationship with Dr. Katherine Hein and her professional staff.
Additional Reasons to Select Accurate Aesthetics:
- One-on-one consultation with Dr. Hein, follow-up appointments after surgery, and availability by telephone for your questions.
- Availability of a fully certified operating room in-office for your comfort and privacy.
- The exclusive use of a certified Physician Assistant (PA-C) on each case to keep your surgery time shorter and safer.
- The use of a board certified MD Anesthesiologist or Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) on each sedation case where sedation or general anesthesia is used.
- Consultation fee is deducted from cost of any major surgery.
- One surgical compression garment is provided free for each surgery, as needed.
- Free Arnica Montana (pharmaceutical grade) anti bruising and swelling regimen with appropriate surgical procedures.
- Free general skincare session with a medical esthetician after any major surgical procedure.
*Results may vary and are not guaranteed. Consult with the medical professionals at Accurate Aesthetics Plastic Surgery to see if you are a candidate.
Discover how Dr. Hein can help you achieve your
desired goals by scheduling a private consultation
or call us at