Arm Lift Boston (Brachioplasty)
Also known as brachioplasty, an arm lift reshapes the under portion of the upper arm, from the underarm region to the elbow. This can be done either with liposuction for smaller reductions or with excision of skin for larger problems. Surgical excisions can extend from the armpit to the elbow or sometimes be confined to the axillary region (armpit) to remove just a moderate amount of excess skin. In either case the incisions are placed on the inner or posterior aspect of the arm. Your incision will be closed with dissolving stitches to limit your scar.* The exact procedure will be determined at your initial consultation at which time you will be able to ask all of your questions. Choice of anesthesia will also be determined based on what is best for you but can be anywhere from a local anesthesia to intravenous sedation or general anesthesia. Dr. LoVerme is an expert in arm lift brachioplasty surgery and has limited his practice specifically to cosmetic surgery.
Following your surgery, dressings or bandages may be applied to your incisions, and your arms may be wrapped in an elastic bandage or a compression garment to minimize swelling. The smoother, tighter contours that result from brachioplasty are apparent almost immediately following your procedure, although initial results will be somewhat obscured by swelling and bruising. Your new, shapely and toned upper arm is dramatically improved both in appearance and feel. The results of arm lift surgery will be long-lasting, provided that you maintain a stable weight and general fitness.* As your body ages, it is natural to lose some firmness.
Why You Should Select Accurate Aesthetics for your Arm Lift Surgical Procedure
Dr. William LoVerme is among the top cosmetic surgeons in the Boston, Wellesley and Sudbury area. As a Harvard trained board-certified plastic surgeon and Medical Director of Accurate Aesthetics Plastic Surgery, Dr. LoVerme has helped thousands of satisfied patients achieve their cosmetic surgical face and body enhancements goals.
When you select Accurate Aesthetics Plastic Surgery for your arm lift procedure you can be reassured of a close personal relationship with Dr. LoVerme and his professional staff.
- Additional Reasons to Select Accurate Aesthetics
- One-on-one consultation with Dr. LoVerme, follow-up appointments after surgery, and availability by telephone for your questions.
- Availability of a fully certified operating room in-office for your comfort and privacy.
- The exclusive use of a certified Surgical Technologist First Assistant (CSTFA) on each case to keep your surgery time shorter and safer.
- The use of a board-certified MD anesthesiologist on each sedation case where sedation or general anesthesia is used (most plastic surgeons generally use a nurse anesthetist).
- Consultation fee is deducted from cost of any major surgery.
- One surgical compression garment is provided free for each surgery, as needed.
- Free Arnica Montana (pharmaceutical grade) anti bruising and swelling regimen with appropriate surgical procedures.
- Free pre-surgical antibiotic washcloths provided for appropriate surgical procedures.
- Free general skincare session with a medical esthetician after any major surgical procedure.
*Results may vary and are not guaranteed. Consult with Dr. William LoVerme to see if you are a good candidate.